Naming Your Domain can Mean Everything to Your SuccessPicking and registering a domain name can go a long way to your Internet success. If you already have a domain name in mind, we can check its availability fairly easily. If you need help picking the right domain name, let us know and we can assist you.
For 99% of the projects you might take on, a domain is already part of the equation. we can provide advice for naming a domain, either for a new blog, a company launch or even your personal website.Shhhh... We’re telling you our one dozen secret tips so you can do this on your own.
Point of Interest:Did you know that the popular photo sharing site flickr.com paid over $100,000 to get the domain name flicker.com? We don’t want to add that expense to your bottom line, and do our research to make sure that your domain name is unique.
See more info here. (opens a new site/page)
Top 5 Words That Describe Your SiteHardball Media Group can consult with you to find a domain name that is easy to spell (you wouldn’t believe how important this is), and conveys a the message about your product, services or organization that makes you easy to locate on the world wide web.
Once the domain name is picked and the website hosting is established, we can plan a markeing strategy that will cause Hardball results on that impact not only traffic to your website, but results in purchases.Below are six points we consider with consulting on a domain name:
- We Seek out a Unique Name.
- We seek what is available.
- We choose a domain name that is easy to spell
- We choose a name that causes interest
- We attempt to make it memorable.
- Phonetical spelling is important to the success of your domain
- We try to avoid confusion with someone else
- We attempt for short, easy to remember and simple to type
- We avoid copyright (©) and trademark (™) naming associations
- Registering something associated with McDonald’s can cause confusion and legal problems
- We search the copyright/trademark registry to avoid conflicts
- We report to you the possible conflicts, keeping you out of legal trouble
- We stay consistant with established branding
- We want the association of your domain name to automatically refer to your brand without hesitation
- The domain name to create and fulfill expectations associated with that brand
- We choose a marketable domain name that can be marketable for content driven results
- We do not use hyphens or numbers in the domain name
- Having to remember placement of numbers or hyphens isn’t easy to do at times
- Numbers and hyphens can correlate poorly with ranking in the search engines (Bing, Google, Yahoo)
- They will effect your word-of-mouth advertising and even print materials
The Hardball Media Branding team of professionals are here to help you with your domain name choice needs. We consider it a privledge in assisting you in taking that first step in a great domain name. if you would like us to do that fill out the Brand Consultation page and one of our team will get back to you.
- We stay away from trends and fads
- Trends and fads change quickly. For lasting results, your domain name should be here to stay
- Mispelling a name may lead to a loss of revenue and brand association
- Acceptable domain names should not focus on hoolahoop mentalities, but should convay a modern fresh message